Want to kick-off summer with a healthy bang? Then, consider joining some 100,000 older adults at more than 1,000 nationwide who celebrate National Senior Health & Fitness Day (NSHFD) on Wed., May 30, 2018.
Sponsored by the Mature Market Resource Center, this year is the 25th anniversary of the event and suggests participating groups focus on the theme: Active Today…A Healthier Tomorrow!
Organizations such as senior communities, churches, health clubs and community centers can get involved by checking out the NSHFD website at www.fitness day.com. There groups learn that it only costs $29.95 to register in order to be properly legal using the logo. They can also tap into all sorts of helpful materials on how to orchestrate an event such as water aerobics, a walk or health fair for their community.
The common goal for this day is to keep older Americans healthy and fit. Always set for the last Wednesday in May, it is the nation’s largest annual health promotion event for older adults.
For the registration fee, organizations receive a packet that includes:
- Unlimited access to official program website with tips on how to organize an event
- Free subscription to FitnessDay News, e-newsletter with weekly updates and tips
- Access to the 2018 Senior Day Store for t-shirts, bags balloons and such.
- A sample pack of event promotion items
- Free 2019 Senior Health Calendar and discounts on your group’s personalized calendar
- Free entry for one of the sponsors 2019 awards programs
Questions about National Senior Health & Fitness Day: www.fitness day.com 1-800-828-8225; firstname.lastname@example.org.